About the Center
Focus: HOPE's Center for Children provides quality, affordable child care in an education environment. It is located at 1550 Oakman Boulevard, on the northeast corner of Linwood, Detroit. Hours are 6:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. 313.494.4400
Your child's day will be filled with hands-on learning experiences that allow your child to progress at their own pace. Our center promotes the intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development of your child.
Weekly lesson plans allow children to progress at their own pace. Parents are respected as integral partners in their child's learning and are encouraged to be involved in the on-going processes of their child development.
Program features include:
- Certified teaching and administrative staff
- Education customized to the child's age and development
- High Scope early childhood curricula. Brigance Assessment
- Children's Individualized educational portfolios
- Weekly Spanish classes for preschoolers
- Field trips, special family and children's activities
- Transportation to and from five neighborhood schools for school age children
- Drop-in program for school age children
- Full and half day attendance options
- Hot meals provided daily
- Facility with 3 playgrounds, classroom computers, gym, secured and lighted parking
Parents are important partners in the education and care of their children. Parent-teacher conferences are held three times a year. The center provides daily reports on infants, weekly reports on toddlers, and monthly reports on preschoolers.
A new day, a new adventure. Children get their hands into all sorts of things at our Center for Children.
Youngsters enjoy recreational activities in our CFC gymnasium.