Food Justice

Commodity Supplemental Food Program

In partnership with federal and state agencies, we provide 44,000 low income seniors with monthly food packages to help them meet basic needs. We also provide opportunities to obtain health screenings, income support, tax preparation and utility assistance.


Apply for the Food Justice Program

To Apply,  call 313.494.4600 or email:

Focus: HOPE provides food boxes to senior citizens who are 60 years old or older and reside in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb or Washtenaw counties that have the following yearly incomes.

Family of 1

$ 15,678

or below

Family of 2

$ 21,112

or below

Family of 3

$ 26,546

or below

Family of 4

$ 31,980

or below
Each additional family member ($5,434 or below)

To be eligible, seniors must provide:

1. Proof of age

(e.g. state identification card)

2. Proof of income for current year

(e.g. pension statement, pay stub, or award letter from Social Security)

3. Number of people in household

Click to Call

Get the latest Focus:HOPE news via email.


To Apply, please call 313.494.4600 or email:

Westside Food Center

1300 Oakman Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48238

Eastside Food Center

9151 Chalmers
Detroit, MI 48213

Inkster Food Center

759 Inkster Road
Inkster, MI 48141


Food Boxes Distributed
since 1971.


Equivalent number of meals since 1971.

Food Program & Hope Village Initiative

Non-Discrimination Statement

Click to Dropdown

In accordance with Federal civil rights laws and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administrating USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA therough the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at:, at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410

Fax: (202) 690-7442


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Want to Apply?

Volunteer transportation may be arranged for eligible senior
citizens who are homebound.