Food for Seniors

In partnership with federal and state agencies, we provide over 42,000 seniors with monthly food packages to help meet basic needs. We also provide opportunities to obtain health screenings, income support, tax preparation and utility assistance.

Woman Carries Produce At Food Drive

Special Food Distributions

Free Food Giveaway w/Wayne County

Stay tuned for future distribution dates

We’ve partnered with Wayne County to provide free food at various locations from now until September 2022. See dates, times and locations below. Stay tuned for more details. Please stop by or spread the word – open to all, no pre-registration required.

Focus: HOPE

apply to receive food


Focus: HOPE provides food boxes to senior citizens who are 60 years old or older and reside in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb or Washtenaw counties.

To apply, call 313.494.4600 or email: [email protected].


To be eligible, you must:

  1. Provide proof of age (60 years or above)
    (e.g. state identification card)
  2. Provide number of people in household
  3. Reside in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb or Washtenaw counties
Income Limits

Family of 1: $14,580 or below
Family of 2: $19,720 or below
Family of 3: $24,860 or below
Family of 4: $30,000 or below

Family of 5: $35,140 or below
Family of 6: $40,280 or below
Family of 7: $45,420 or below
Family of 8: $50,560 or below

Each additional family member ($5,140 or below)


Westside Food Center:
1300 Oakman Blvd, Detroit

Inkster Food Center:
759 Inkster Road, Inkster

Eastside Food Center:
9151 Chalmers, Detroit

Get In Touch

For more information on our Food for Seniors program, please contact us today.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

(833) 256-1665 or

(202) 690-7442

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

USDA Civil Rights Complaint Link: